Steps to Apply for Assistance
Step 1: You must apply in person at our office at 530 North Lindell, Martin
Step 2: You must meet eligibility requirements each time you come for assistance
Required documents for assistance:
- Photo ID of all individuals 18 and over and not in high school residing in the home.
- Accepted Proof of address in Weakley County of current address with name and town. Accepted proof of address is as follows: the complete current utility bill (gas, water, electric), cable bill, phone bill, or Martin Housing Authority statement.
- Social Security card of all individuals 18 and older that are not in high school.
- If you reside in Weakley County but have a mailing address outside of a recognized Weakley County town, you must bring in a property tax statement with your address printed on the statement. These are available to the public at the Weakley County Court House.
- For utility bill payments, please bring in your current month's original bill. All individuals 18 and older and not in high school must sign application form. A husband and wife residing together will need only the signature of the applicant and any individuals 18 and older and not in high school.
Step 3: Meet with our staff - A staff worker will meet one-on-one with you to hear your family's story, review paperwork, and see how we can best assist with your need.
Hours for Assistance: Monday and Thursday 9:30 - 11:30
1st Wednesday of each month - no assistance due to Wacky Wednesday
Other Wednesdays - 9:00 - 11:00